Friday, October 23, 2009

Pictures, Pumpkins, and a New Nephew

We headed out to Tennessee last week to help with the arrival of my nephew, Miles. It was a great week spent with my two sisters and enjoying the season of Autumn. I really wished I could box up all the changing leaves, the crisp, cool temperatures, and the scent of fireplaces starting up and bring them on the airplane back to Texas. Unfortunately, I couldn't, so I just enjoyed it while I was there. Micayla and flew by ourselves last Tuesday, then Hudson joined us on Friday evening. There was a certain little girl who was more than ready to see her daddy after having been without him for 3 days. I, too, was glad when he got there for the extra pair of hands. I'm not sure how much help I really was to the new parents since I was busy corraling my own child while there, but I got to snuggle with Miles some, and Micayla really can say "baby" now. Miles celebrated his birthday on Oct. 9 at 5:02 pm and weighed in at a whopping 10 lbs, 4 oz., 21 1/2 inches long (and yes, my sister gave birth to him, not a c-section!). He's a cutie already and I can't wait to see how he's changed by Christmas. He got to skip newborn clothing all together, and already weighs half of what Micayla weighs. I'm fairly certain he'll pass Micayla in his first year. I forgot what the sound of a newborn crying in the middle of the night sounds like when you are sleeping. Micayla and I stayed at Lesli's to help out, and the first night I didn't sleep very much---they have hardwood floors and those cries carry! Micayla did okay sleeping in the pack n play, though I did have to hide under the covers every morning so that she wouldn't see me when she woke up....she usually wakes up and talks about 30 minutes to her lovey and blanket before we get her out of her crib, and I didn't want her to miss out on that time. So I listened to her baby babble each morning and was so thankful to hear it....such sweet sounds from her. We had a great trip, but we're also glad to be home now. Here's a few pictures from that trip and some that are random. I have pictures of Miles and his Aunt LeAnn, but I think they are on my sister's camera, so hopefully I can post those soon. We also tried to take our Christmas card photo at the pumpkin patch, but the lighting wasn't good, and Micayla was less than cooperative on having her picture made (the pictures below will deceive you...we have about 20 of her making an ugly face or crying.) Such is life!

On to the pictures:


Enjoying swinging again...except that we took Daddy with us this time.


A pretty good Mom/daughter picture!


Playing outside---this is still one of my favorite dresses for her.


We waited outside one day to see Hudson drive up from work---this is her expression as she watched him get out of the car.


Playing in the pumpkin patch in Tennessee



She thought it was so funny to get behind the pickets and try and stick her head through.


The nieces---they are getting so big! Kathryn is in 1st grade, and Lauren will turn 5 next month.


The newest member to our family--Miles and his parents, Lesli and Justin.


Another good picture of Micayla and Mommy at the pumpkin patch....she really enjoyed picking up the little ones (and subsequently chewing on them...we had to take them away, which, of course, she did not like at all.)



All of us--Lisa, Kathryn, Lauren (Emery's behind them), Lesli and Miles (Justin behind), and Micayla and me (with Hudson behind us). It was a fun excursion!

No comments: