--Micayla is now 20 months old. I can't believe we are 4 months from having a 2 year old. I'm still a little sad about losing my baby...who's becoming a big girl.
--She can say "big girl" and it makes me smile and sad at the same time.
--She weighs 20.2 lbs. We're going to get to wear all of last summer's clothes that are 12 mos. and a few of the dresses that are 18 mos. Some of the 12 mos. dresses are a little bit short for mommy's suiting.
--She's about 30.75 inches long. That means we are in the less than 5th percentile on height and weight.
--She's eating better than she used to...much more interested in trying anything we have on our plates. Not a huge meat eater, but loves turkey (think lunchmeat). She likes green beans and carrots and broccoli, loves cheese (any form), and could drink her weight in milk. Pediatrician isn't worried about her stature, since 1) her birthmother is very petite, and 2) she watched Micayla run around the patient room for about 15 minutes and deduced that she works off every bit of anything she eats.
--She tried lemonade and made the funniest face ever at first, then developed a little bit of a taste for it.
--She talks all the time. I think we're up to about 45 words that she says. She's pretty good about saying "please" and "thank you." She usually says thank you first, then please.
--Started truly saying "no" this week. And shaking her head at the same time. Won't say "yes" at all.
--Said "no" when I was telling her about saying she was "sorry" to me about disobeying.
--Strongwilled doesn't really describe her sometimes. :)
--We've been talking to her about having a brother and sister at some point since you never know when we'll bring home another child through adoption. I'd like her to be somewhat prepared since we have no idea what God's timetable is for growing our family. When we ask her if she would like a brother or sister, she says "me."
--She started singing in the car today...I heard her say "twinkle, twinkle" and looked back to see her holding her hands up. For a singing mommy, this delighted my heart. She and I sing a "night night" song I made up each night too...which I love (her singing it, not the song).
--Every night she points to the glider in her room and asks me to "rock" her before I put her in her crib. Melts me everytime.
--Last night she put her hands together while I was rocking her and said "pray." It was with delight that I prayed with her....though I've been doing it with her for a while, it was so neat to see her ask for it. She likes to say "amen" as well.
--One of her favorite books is "Goodnight Moon" which we read to her. She calls it her "everywhere" book (since the last word is everywhere).
--She'll ask us to read her Bible too. Also loves any Sandra Boynton book....especially "Moo, Baa, La La La." She will say the animal sound when we get to it on the page. Her impression of a sheep is hilarious. I should videotape it.
--Loves to say the word "umbrella." Will point out any and all umbrellas that are within sight until we see it as well. (I've never known the amount of umbrellas that many businesses own until my child pointed it out.)
--Thinks earrings are "cute" and "pretty." Loves ponytails. Mine, hers, tries to give Daddy one, but hasn't figured out he doesn't have enough hair.
--Pretends to drive in the car.
--Has recently started "loving" her baby dolls...and wants to put them "night night" with a blanket.
--Wants to swim everyday even though the water is wayyyyy too cold.
--Loves to color. Still wants to eat the crayon if I'm not with her every second.
--Is pretty good about helping me clean up the house of her toys.
--Will let you take a picture of her, but she wants to look at it immediately. Will hardly give me a smile for a picture because she's always walking towards the camera so she can see herself.
--Took the cutest school pictures at preschool and must upload them because they are so good. Smiled for professional photographer. Won't smile for Mommy.
My 5 minutes are up! More posts soon!
1 comment:
This is so fun to read. What a little treasure you have in Micayla! She sounds like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment