Thursday, November 6, 2008

10 Things I Love


Mostly because I can't think of anything that has occurred to our family in the last week that would be blogworthy, I thought I'd do a "top 10" list of random things that I love. (And yes, I recognize that all of these things aren't really "love" worth, but some are and I don't want to try and make the distinction between things I like and things I love. I'm just trying to be easygoing for my own sanity.)

10 Things I Love
1. My husband, Hudson. He's my best friend, my biggest support, my encourager, and I could go on and on. I love him dearly and God couldn't have given me a better gift (aside from salvation and #2).

2. My daughter, Micayla. What a joy she is! And I'm loving being her mother and look forward to many days of joy ahead of us. I love holding her while she's asleep, smiling at her and having her smile back at me, singing to her, reading to her, and seeing how she grows day by day.

3. My sisters, Lisa and Lesli. Aside from Hudson, they too, are my best friends. I talk to them often and I cherish the moments we have together. I wish I lived closer to them, but Skype and cell phones make a huge difference. Can I also say that I love their husbands, Emery and Justin, as if they were my "real" brothers? And my nieces, Kathryn and Lauren, are just another joyful part of our family.

4. My dad, Leon. (Do you see the "L" trend in our family?) He works hard and taught us girls a lot about different things, from putting up an RV at a campsite, to changing a tire, to balancing a checkbook, how to use various tools, etc. (Of course, my mom helped with a lot of this as well.)

5. I love the legacy that my Mom left our family, from her daughters to her son-in-laws to her granddaughters. I love that my Mom taught me so well about being a wife and mom, but still wish she was here to share in the day to day activities.

6. My friends--I've been blessed with some really good friends along the way, and though I don't do a good enough job of calling them often, I know we are still friends. I look forward to continuing our friendships throughout the years to come.

7. Sweet tea and Dr. Pepper. (Don't you love how I just switched from being completely serious to jovial?) Really, there isn't anything better than Chick-Fil-A sweet tea, though I'm realizing that the sweet tea in Memphis is much better than our Chick-Fil-A here...I think it has to do with the artisian wells in Memphis...better water. And Dr. Pepper? Need I say more?

8. Dishwashers. Specifically, the one that is currently running in my kitchen. It works wonders and saves me time, and I'm so glad that someone really smart invented them.

9. Ruffles on infant girl's pants. It doesn't matter to me if they are the backside, or the bottom of the pant legs...I just think that they are super cute. And I just have to say that I also love most of the girl's clothing that my daughter has been blessed to wear (thanks Lisa!)...I know we'll reach an age where it will be hard to find clothes that are appropriate for her to wear that will display modesty, but for now, I'm enjoying what cute clothes she does have.

10. Christmas music. If you know me well, you know that I have a weakness for Christmas music, and have 40+ cd's that allow me to celebrate the Christmas season for a while. At least I have another friend that shares this interesting hobby with me. :) And no, I don't have another Christmas cd on order as a late birthday gift to myself thanks to a giftcard I received...okay, well actually I do. Looking forward to hearing it once it arrives!

And because I couldn't stop with ten...
11. M&M's that come in different colors based on the holiday that is near. And, my favorite kind, Mint Chocolate, typically comes out right before the Christmas season, so yippee! I need to be on the lookout for those at Target the next time I go. I enjoy that I can have a small handful and satisfy my sweet tooth without wishing for a bunch more.

As I did this list, I thought of so many more things I could have added, so maybe there will be another top 10 in my blogging future.

As a parting gift, if you haven't read this post today at Bring the Rain, would you? I was so humbled by Angie's words and am going to be working on following through with what she wrote about (7 prayers each day for your child). Though I certainly pray for my daughter, doing it in this way convicted me even more to be on my praying best for my daughter's best.

2 comments:

Barb said...

That's a fun list, LeAnn. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful family, and I can completely agree with you on the sweet tea, Dr. P, and Christmas music. Love it! And I for one am very thankful for your friendship. Come back to Ft. Worth soon, okay?

cwperez said...

So glad to connect with yall! Your daughter is precious and her first few months sound like a learning curve for you. I am so sorry to hear about your mother. There will be many days when you long for her on this earth, especially with you little daughter. May you continue to see God's goodness and strength as you grow to become a godly mother.