So this is where the post title comes from--
Does this picture represent most children in highchairs, pulling their feet through the opening in order to have their feet nearby while eating? While I continually pull her feet back into the resting spot, underneath her tray, she continually pulls them back up. I'm hoping that she's not going to venture into teaching herself how to eat with her feet. Obviously, she's not yet reached the point of being grossed out by feet, and is really, quite happy with her feet. Thus, happy feet.
She's still walking---more and more each day. We've progressed from 3 steps to walking across the den (about 10 steps or so). She still knows that she can get anywhere faster by crawling, so often she stops halfway through her walk to sit and then crawl the rest of the way. She still likes to hold onto the wall, doors, etc., while she is walking, which is why I often get pictures of her like this. :)
And still speaking of feet, are the age ranges correct for most shoe sizes for babies? I know at one point I had seen a sign at BabiesRUs that said 3-6 months was a size 2, 6-9 months a size 3, and 9-12 months, size 4, etc. Because we live in such a hot and humid area, there hasn't been much need for her to wear shoes (since she was born!). She's been content in socks in the winter, and has gone barefoot in the spring/summer. Now that she's walking and almost one, I feel it somewhat necessary to put her in shoes when we go to church and a few other places. Once she starts preschool (essentially it's Mother's Day Out), she'll have to wear shoes to school. So off to Target I went a few weeks ago, in quest for the perfect pair of tennis shoes for my toddler (sniff, sniff). Except that when we went, I came to the conclusion that my child must have really small feet. (Or the sizing charts are all wrong.) She's wearing a size 2 right now (and has quite a bit of room to grow!). The good news about this is that she got several pair of shoes when she was born that were size 2, and was never able to wear them, but apparently, will be able to do so this fall. So does she have small feet for her age/size? Just curious what other moms have experienced.
In addition to happy feet, she also has happy hands! She loves to clap, rub her hands together, give me a high five, fill her hands with saltine crackers (and conveniently dropping them then on the floor for Tucker's delight), point to her nose, grab her ears, and wave (at everyone). She also loves to play with my hands (a game we came up with waiting at the SSN office to apply for her SSN), and point to herself in the mirror. I think she was trying to walk and clap at the same time in this picture.
And climbing is a fun experience too--especially when Daddy's home for her to crawl over and to. They love to build a tower (okay, he likes to build the tower, she likes to knock it down) with her nesting cups.
And these last two pics are just because...
These pj's say "hand picked" and I love to remind myself that God "hand picked" her for us, and that we got to pick up her hands (and feet) 51 weeks ago.
"My feet stand on the level ground; in the great assembly I will praise the Lord." Ps. 26:12
"I will praise you as long as I live, in your name I will lift up my hands."
Ps. 63: 4
May I continually be a witness to her of where our feet should be planted, and how to praise Him with our hands!
h
2 comments:
Eva had/has really small feet, too, so those charts never worked for her.
Gosh, I can't believe she's almost a year old! What a fabulous year you've had with Micayla! You are so blessed.
Post a Comment