Sunday, August 29, 2010

Micayla's Birthday Party

Apparently, time continues to go on whether we like it or not. This, of course, means that my baby has suddenly become a 2 year old little girl. I'm not sure where the months went between 1 and 2, but they've passed now and as of 2:59 am this morning, I am the mother of a 2 year old. She's been so fun this past week (with the exception of one really bad day), saying "Happy Birthday party" every day. Finally, yesterday morning came and I got to tell her that her party was today. We invited several of her friends and had a great time in the backyard playing. We were fortunate enough to have neighbors who own a bouncy water slide, baby pool, and slip 'n slide, so we enjoyed the morning splashing around!

I think she had a great time, and took a well-deserved 3 hour nap yesterday afternoon. Her invitation turned out really cute, so I've got to scan it and load it on here in the next few days, but here are some of the pictures from her party. More pictures tomorrow of her actual birthday celebration with Mommy and Daddy.


My helper in the kitchen, who likes to climb everything (the dishwasher, into her high chair, the edge of the cabinets, chairs in general, etc.) This time it was the cooler.


Getting ready to blow it up!


You have to create some amount of shade to shield yourself from the Texas heat!


This is so fun!




Not a great picture, but playing in the baby pool.




More sliding!


Micayla's yummy cupcakes. (No, I did not make them. The truth is that I "helped" them after they weren't done correctly at the store.)


Mike, Carissa, and Catelyn






Trying to get Micayla to blow out her birthday candles...Daddy had to help.


Micayla enjoying her cupcake (or cupacake as she says it)...she likes the cake, not the frosting.


Micayla sharing her ice cream with Daddy.


Meredith enjoying her ice cream.


Savannah


Catelyn and her mommy, Carissa


Daddy cooling off in the "pool."


Having fun with Daddy!

No comments: