Thursday, February 17, 2011
Over the Ill-ness
Well we might as well name year 2011 the year that our family got sick and couldn't get better. In January, Micayla had a cold right at the beginning of the year. Then she had her ear tubes surgery and got a another cold right after that. The week after that, she got sick at school and turned out that she had a stomach bug for about 4 days. I escaped the stomach bug, but Hudson wasn't so lucky. He came home last Wednesday evening not feeling well and stayed home Thursday-Friday because he had the terrible stomach bug. He felt well enough for us to go to church last Friday night for the "sweetheart banquet," where the average age was in the '60's. Our table of 30's pulled down the average for a few years, but we had a great time eating and laughing (plus free child care!). We all went to church on Sunday and felt good...I started coughing Sunday evening, Hudson told me I was getting sick and I told him it was just allergies. I was wrong. By Monday afternoon I felt like I had been run over by a semi-truck, Monday evening I went to bed at 8, and by Tuesday morning, I was headed to the doctor to confirm what I thought was the flu. I was correct in my diagnosis, except that I missed that I also had bronchitis. I've been quarantined to our guest room now for 4 days and am so ready to leave this house! Hudson has been wonderful in taking care of me and Micayla, all the while missing work in order to do so (and he was already behind). He's been able to go today while Micayla is at school, and thus far, both of them have escaped the dreadful (and I mean, dreadful) flu. I feel like we've Lysoled and Cloroxed everything in the house and still feel like I'm spreading germs everywhere. I do feel much better now that I have a concoction of medications that are aiding my improvement, and many prayers are being sent up that the rest of my family doesn't get this. All in all, we are surviving, but I am so ready to be over the ill-ness that seems to be consuming our little family. Spring, come clear out the germs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment