2. I'm loving the fact that we are "supposed" to get cooler temperatures tonight/tomorrow. Today's high of 92 is just wrong for late October.
3. Micayla reminded me early this morning of how big birthdays are to a 3-year-old. She wanted to know when my party was and was disappointed to hear I wasn't having one. She and I will party it up tonight over dinner and cupcakes.
4. Having a cake/cupcakes/dessert was always a big thing for birthdays when I was a kid. My favorite cake back then was red velvet, so in honor of my childhood days, we're having "healthy" red velvet cupcakes. (I used a cake mix and 1 can of pumpkin and 1/2 cup of water...will have to let you know if it works.)
5. My sweet husband surprised with me with an iTunes giftcard in my card this morning--we aren't big gift givers, but he knows I adore Christmas music, so it will be put to good use.
6. I'm thankful that I have had a prayer request semi-answered yesterday when I was really starting to feel discouraged....not the whole answer I was looking for, but at least some movement in an area that I have absolutely no control over.
7. I love that by 8 am my phone was going crazy with notifications with more than 20 people who had already written on my fb wall. While I don't love a lot of things about FB, feeling loved on fb is one thing I was appreciative of today.
8. That tomorrow opens up my self-imposed wait time to listen to Christmas music (i.e., I can start listening tomorrow!).
9. That talking with great best friends, near and far, is sometimes the best gift you can get.
10. I am really appreciative of James Avery. I don't know why they sent me a 25 gift certificate, but it meant that I got to add a charm to my bracelet for very little out of pocket cost. I let Hudson pick out which one he wanted to add (so that it was from him) and then I went and got it for myself.
11. That today was Playschool day for Micayla, so she was at school from 9 to 2, which she loves. They had firetruck day, so I've been listening to stop, drop, and roll commandments often.
12. That while she was at Playschool today, I couldn't wait until 2 o'clock to pick her up. So I picked her up at 1:45 instead...missed that girl!
13. That because Micayla was at school today, my sweet hubby took me out to lunch for a very lovely lunch date. So appreciative of time spent with just him (which doesn't happen often).
**Side note, I thought this would be simple, but I'm already struggling, so here's hoping that I can come up with 35 things.
14. That Micayla's Christmas shopping is done using an extra 5% off coupon I had---we only get her 3 gifts, and I have 2 out of the 3. The third one requires a trip to LifeWay where, thankfully, we can use Daddy's discount.
15. That I'm loved by my immediate and extended family, as evidenced by phone calls and texts.
16. I'm liking that my crafty self is coming out a little more now that Micayla is a little older. I made a new wreath for our front door (thank you Pinterest!) and a fleece blanket for her.
17. I'm thankful for a home that is lived in well (code for: Mommy hasn't cleaned it well lately) and yet, it isn't atrocious to look at. Visitors would exclaim that it looks loved, but it's not filthy. And, I'm thankful for a home when I pass by several who don't have one.
18. Scentsy fall scents: Autumn Sunset, Sentimental Cider, Honey Pear Cider, and Pumpkin Marshmallow. If it doesn't feel like fall outside, at least it can smell like it in my home.
19. Dr. Pepper. I might not have one every day, but they are sure good when I do.
20. My excitement over my sister's Christmas presents....they've been in the works now for a while, and I can't wait to see how it turns out.
21. Little girl ruffles. We've inherited several "harvest" or "pumpkin" outfits, and then I recently got a steal on an outfit that my darling girl wears that is very "fall-y." Love that I have a girl who I can dress up, but is just as comfortable in shorts and a tshirt.
22. That I finally reached a point in my life where I don't mind a cup of coffee. It needs to be heavy on the creamer (and I've really only found kind I like), but at least on those supposedly cool mornings, I can feel like a real adult who drinks coffee.
23. I just finished a Bible study with our Mothering Matters group and it was very convicting in a good way....love when I not only get great Biblical truths out of something, but also when I can really apply it.
24. I'm liking that I'm getting really excited about taking Micayla's picture for our Christmas card. I'm not sure whether to put her in a Christmas-y outfit, or to go just really cute, but I've been thinking alot about where I want to take it....and hopefully convincing Hudson to go with me so that we could get a nice mom/daughter and dad/daughter shot too.
25. I love that Micayla woke me up this morning (no telling how long she had been up), singing Happy Birthday, asking when my ceremony was going to be (she gets parties and ceremonies switched alot), and was completely dressed in one of her bathing suits. She loves to swim and she reminds me daily of this.
26. I love that I only have 10 more of these to write. Ha!
27. I'm liking all the good ideas off of Pinterest that I'm gathering...I've used several recipes already, have done a few craft projects, have a great few ideas for Christmas, and it's all due to someone else's ingenuity. Brillant!
28. That my little one asks me to pray daily for one of three things: 1) a sister that she can take care of, 2) a brother and a sister for her to be a big sister to, or 3) a brother or a sister. Note the and/or clarification between 2 and 3. She tells me often that my tummy is "fixed" and that she's going to be a big sister, and while it is unlikely, our God is a God of the impossibles. And I tell her often that even if we don't get a brother or sister out of my tummy, we'll get a baby one day, and then she smiles and says questioningly, "then I get to be a big sister?" And I get to tell her yes.
29. That the first batch of red velvet pumpkin cupcakes appear to be edible. It's the little things in life.
30. That while I wish my dear husband would be home tonight celebrating with me, I'm choosing to focus on the quiet time I'll get by myself while he is working hard at finishing a mid-term. He'd rather be home, I'd rather him be home, but I'm going to think positively about the work he is doing in order to (eventually) help our family.
31. That my desire to do things mostly perfect doesn't seem to be coming into play with this blog post because I've varied the number of spaces between my numbers and the first letter of my sentences. :) I'm grasping for straws here...sure am glad I did this when I turned 35, and not 65.
32. I'm proud of reorganizing my pantry. I saw a passing article in a magazine and it was just enough motivation in order to get things straightened up and much more organized. Even Hudson commented that it seemed like we had more room now.
33. Birthday cards in the mail from two very special nieces...
34. Clean laundry. While I certainly don't have it all done, the part that is done sure smells nice!
35. That despite my shortcomings, my sinful ways, and my ability to not see very clearly at times, the God I serve is one of mercy, forgiveness, has a desire for me to know Him more, and is a God who sees even when I can't.
1 comment:
Love this post. I may have to steal this idea. And I can't believe you waited this late to listen to Christmas music. I've been listening since around Labor Day. You'll have to tell me what good new Christmas music you buy with your gift card.
Oh, and happy birthday! :)
Post a Comment