Thursday, March 22, 2012

3 days post-op

Well, I survived a tonsillectomy. I remember being in pre-op with Hudson, and then it being my turn. Hardest part was telling Hudson goodbye. Several hours later, I was awake In recovery. Have no idea how long I was there before they let Hudson come back, but I do remember telling my nurse that I wanted to see him. I tend to get quite nauseated with anesthesia, so they loaded me up on phenergen, a scaloppine patch, and pain meds. Needless to say I wasn't very coherent. They helped me get dressed and Hudson pulled our car to the exit (amid severe thunderstorms too). I moved to the wheelchair and then I knew I was going to be sick. So my track record of vomiting after anesthesia remains. I was glad Hudson wasn't around. Hudson drive me home but not before I told him tht I wanted a cup of sonic ice.

We got home, I was a little unsteady on my feet, Hudson gave me my first pain pill and I slept the majority of the day away. Yesterday had some pain, though not near as bad as I had been expecting. I was able to take a shower, and eat a a few bowls of ice cream or fruit sorbet. But mainly I just had sonic ice... It feels so good on the back of my throt.

Today has been rougher, pain wise. My dr said that days 3-4 and 7-8 would likely be the worst. I can agree with the day 3 part. Haven't wanted to sleep all day but have quickly found there is nothing good on Netflix that I haven't already watched. We've been through two bags of sonic ice already and today Hudson went and just asked them to fill up our cooler. Hoping tomorrow feels better!

Thanks for all the prayers for my recovery! It means more than you know.

LeAnn

No comments: