

Did you see what I did? Can you identify what I need to confess?
Please let me explain before you think I am a terrible mother. Today's temperature (high) 65 degrees. Last Thursday's temperature (high) 80 degrees. Did you notice Micayla is wearing a sundress? In January? I know, I know....but I put her in it last Thursday, when our thermometer registered 80 degrees for a few reasons.
1. She had a white sundress given to her as a gift in the last month, with cute smocking at the top, with little pink flowers embroidered on top of the smocking. So cute! Except that it is size 0-3 months. Micayla typically wears size 3-6 months right now, and some size 6 months. There are quite a few dresses that were long enough for her in December and aren't long enough now. I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity for her to wear this dress because she was going to outgrow it. So I confess that I put a sundress on her, in January.
2. We have a new digital camera that has several different modes, including sepia and black and white. I am an amateur photographer, and don't believe that I have any hidden talent at taking great pictures like a professional would, but at least had to give it a shot. (Ha ha...did you get my pun?) I wanted to play with some of the new features that this camera has, so I took my child, in her sundress, placed her in our backyard with a blanket, and proceeded to take pictures of her in January, when it was 80 degrees. (Note: for those that are financially conscious, which we are, we found this camera for less than $100 at Target--it is a Polaroid, with 10 megapixels, and various modes, including a smile detection mode, which allows it wait until the subject smiles before taking pictures.) (Additional note: it will not detect a smile on a pet or inanimate object...trust me, I tried.) :)
3. I confess that I attempted to be a professional, even going as far as laying on the grass in order to get a good picture of Micayla, and found out that, in fact, I am not a professional photographer, and probably should stick to my professional career as a counselor. I seem to have a better knack for it.
4. So there you have it, while we are bundled up today, and were wearing sweaters on Friday because of a cold front coming through, on Thursday we wore shorts, tshirts, and a sundress for the little girl, and I took pictures because I wanted to, and could. I should also confess that I attempted to put a bow in my child's hair, even though she doesn't have enough to hold it, just for the sake of a picture.
2 comments:
Oh, we've all been there! No need to feel guilty. If it ever got about 20 degrees here I might feel the need for a sundress, too! I don't see that happening until like June, though. Ahh... the frigid midwest. It stinks now but I'll be singing it's praises when it's 110 degrees in TX this summer and we're hanging out at a lovely 85.
wow... I just rambled a lot about nothing. :)
Hey, I love the pics! Congrats on the new camera. And while I think it's rather odd that Micayla was wearing a sundress in January, I live in TX too so it's not all that surprising.
BTW, next time you come to Ft. Worth, could I do a photo shoot of Micayla? I'd donate the pictures, of course. :)
Post a Comment