Tuesday, January 27, 2009

This is what happens...

When you fall asleep playing on the floor. :)




Micayla's been fighting a cold since late Saturday, and we are certainly not over the worst of it yet. The good news is that she has been sleeping good at night, which I'm sure is helping her get over her cold. The bad news is that with this cold, she's also been throwing up. I've been through so many clothes in the last few days it isn't funny. Strangely, she hasn't thrown up on Hudson, yet. (He's grateful!)

But back to the real reason I posted the above picture. Yesterday, she took a good nap in the afternoon, but then the doorbell rung (with a package for her!), and Tucker barked, and she woke up. She fell asleep for a few more minutes, but then really woke up. I got her out of her carseat (she loves to sleep in it on the dreammaker), and laid her on the floor, on the towel (because of paragraph #1's reasoning). She was playing with one of her toys and was content. I did something (oh yes, see post titled "what do you think?") so I was on the couch watching her play (and working at the same time). I noticed after a few minutes of her being on her side that she wasn't moving as much. She was still breathing (I checked!), but when I came around the other side, this picture is what I saw. Poor thing just needed a little bit more of a nap. So there she laid for another 45 minutes, napping on the towel. It's hard to be sick and play at the same time!

1 comment:

Barb said...

she looks so big in that picture! i hope she feels better quickly.