Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Micayla's Room

We've been working on Micayla's room before we received her, but it has taken a while to get it completed. My goal was for it to be "done" before she was 3 months old, but I'm not too stressed that I didn't meet my own deadline. Micayla doesn't care, I'm sure.

So, first picture is of her dresser and then the quilt that came with her bedding. It's called "Clothesline" and I think it is by Kidsline. I bought it online and it was a great deal (I think it was a 6 pc set). My mom had cross-stitched Micayla's name and birthdate right after she was born, and it sits proudly on Micayla's dresser. I'm so glad that my mom was able to meet Micayla before she died--I have such special memories of my mom holding her when Micayla was 3 weeks old. The far right lamp is one that was in my room when I was a baby...I'm also glad that my mom kept it for me to use one day. It needs a little touch-up painting, but Hudson wants me to leave it alone.



The second picture is of shelves and the curtain that we hung....can I just tell you that hanging shelves are not fun at all, and Hudson has refused to ever hang another one in our house. I had wanted some shelves that were decorative (with a crown molding (or is it moulding?) look), instead of just straight across--but finding them in white took us a long time. I'm excited that we found these at Hobby Lobby (50% off, of course) and I think that I'll be able to change out the things I place on there as she grows up. The plan is for this room to always be hers....if we are able to adopt again, #2 will go into our guest room. (Sorry the picture is so dark!)



This is a picture of her name hung from a "clothesline" that I tried to recreate in her room. I'm sure that I could make it more realistic, but thus far, I'm pleased with the outcome.



This is the latest, and final, project of her room. I had seen these wall sayings at various stores (Hobby Lobby, Kohls, Target, etc.) and wondered if they would really look as good as the picture indicated. It wasn't hard to hang at all--I did it yesterday while Micayla was napping, so it only took about 30 minutes or so, and I'm pleased with the way it looks as well. If you can't tell what it says, it reads "Such a big miracle in such a little girl." We thought it was fitting for our precious daughter.



And finally, because you can't have a bunch of pictures of her room without seeing the girl that occupies them, here she is. She wasn't too sure about the hat, but allowed me to take a few pictures with it on her before she decided she had had enough of it. One of our friends gave us this hat, as well as a couple of bows, and told me that you change out the bows to match her outfit.

3 comments:

Barb said...

The room looks great! Love the words on the wall, and her name hanging from the clothesline. And Micayla is precious in that hat! I can't wait til yall come this way so I can see her again.

Stephanie said...

Can't say I am surprised at all...her room is cute! And she is getting so big. I love all of the pictures you post of your sweet girl. They make me smile and thank the Lord.

Unknown said...

I love that saying above her closet! How very fitting!

Her room is just precious. :)