Micayla and I waiting in the courthouse rotunda for court to be called into session.
Our swearing in. We were the third family to adopt that morning in this Judge's courtroom. He moved all the other cases (divorces, etc.) to another courtroom so that this morning was totally devoted to children becoming part of their "forever families."
Listening as Hudson responds to our attorney's questions regarding loving Micayla and taking care of her for the rest of her life. I was a proud wife and mom.
Taking a picture with our attorney and the Judge after the Judge signed the adoption decree that Micayla was ours.
A good family picture after the ceremony in front of the courthouse. It was a beautiful day and I was thankful that my sister Lisa flew out to be with us. She was a great photographer for us!
A celebratory lunch!
The Judge made the ceremony so nice by relaxing the rules and allowing people to take pictures and videotape each family as they made their child "official." He also gave each child a stuffed animal to help recognize the significance of the day. I was thankful that Micayla wasn't fussy at all--considering I woke her up at 6am, there was always the chance. And everyone commented on her dress! It was gift to her from my fellow therapists in my private practice here, and it was a perfect dress for a very special day. It is also the only dry clean only dress she owns. :)
We praise God for not only the ability to celebrate "New Life" in Him during this Easter week, but also for the "new life" that we were given in Micayla.
4 comments:
YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! I'm so excited for you to have your "Gotcha Day!" It is a wonderful feeling to receive our children that have been in our hearts for so long. I rejoice with you today!
I am so happy for you guys!! Micayla is lucky to have you as her parents. What a special day.
It has been so long since I've seen Lisa. She is beautiful!! How wonderful that she was able to share that day with you.
Such a special day! congratulations! you all look so happy, and with good reason. Micayla is a very blessed little girl.
Yay!!! This is so exciting! What an incredibly special day. I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment