This was the temperature outside our house at one point...we elected to stay inside.
Playing in Micayla's tunnel to see if she would laugh. I don't remember if Micayla laughed or not, but Kim and I did!
Eating at Gringos. Kim thought the name was comical, but the Mexican food was delicioso! (Okay, it is probably considered Tex Mex, but nevertheless, it is yummy.) (She also thought that a daycare center called "land of the little people" was just wrong.)
Micayla and Mommy enjoyed Gringos too!
I also introduced her to Pioneer Woman...though I had to explain who Pioneer Woman was, and how I "know" her...and that led to explaining about BigMama, BooMama, Kelly, Angie, and MckMama, just to name a few. I think she and Hudson believe that I am certifiable (as in crazy for following people I don't know). Anyways, we decided to try PW's "Best Chocolate Sheet Cake Ever." And here is our attempt at photographing some of the steps. (Note to self: point and shoot cameras don't really do this justice.)
Chopping nuts.
Melting butter. (Pretty self-explanatory I think.) (We weren't really consistent with taking pictures throughout the process, so just know that there were about 10 more steps to making the cake.)
Because all of a sudden, Kim is adding the vanilla to the frosting while the cake is cooking. And you didn't know that we'd already finished making the cake!
Ta da! Finished product. And it was good. Now, I have a similar recipe for something called "Texas Sheet Cake" that is quite good...Hudson said he prefers that recipe, but couldn't tell me why. Needless to say, the cake was good.
Kim also found a new friend in Tucker, who was relentless in his desire to have attention from her. Thankfully she's used to dogs and could handle his incessant need to be the center of attention when Micayla wasn't around.
Taking some down time to read....she said that her weekend was relaxing! Who knew that we could provide that? We do have a 10-month-old, you know, who isn't really the "relaxed" kind.
We know she came to see us, but she really came to meet Micayla. And they enjoyed playing together a bunch!
Building a tower together. I'm not sure which one of them had more fun...maybe Kim?
Together again! Love you friend! Hoping that we don't have to wait 3 more years to see each other....
2 comments:
Looks like you all had a great time! McKayla is getting to be such a big girl now. She is going to be a year old before you know it. And I totally understand on your husband (and others) thinking you are certifiable about other online people...Nathan only wants to know about "real" people these days. :)
By the way, did you read PW's whole long series about how she and MM met?
Lucky Kim! I guess I might just have to visit Houston in order to see you and Micayla again. :( I'm glad she was able to visit and that your time together was so enjoyable.
Post a Comment