Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Micayla-isms

Tried uploading pictures from our Dewberry Farms trip, only to realize that the notice at the top of my screen about image uplaods being disabled today was happening exactly at the moment I had free time. Instead, here's a few of the latest Micayla-isms that we've been hearing that I don't want to forget.

1. Cinderella is called Cinderbrella.

2. If she wants you to sing a song, which is about 8 hours every day, she tells you the whole song to sing. For instance, "Mommy, sing, 'twinkle, twinkle, lil star, how i wonder where are, up above world high, like a diamond in sky, twinkle, twinkle, lil star.'" Or, "Daddy sing, 'B-i-b-l-e, that's book for me, stand on word God, B-i-b-l-e, Bible!" It's very cute. So is her singing. Note to self: videotaping these moments would be good!

3. She wants to play outside everyday. And she says, "swing in big girl swing," and can!

4. Chase is our new game at night. She wants to chase us (in a circle from our den, to our dining room, to the kitchen, back to the den). After about 20 times, she wants us to chase her. Micayla, not so tired after this game. Mommy and Daddy, tired after this game.

5. She's really taken to loving us in words. She'll often say "love you Mommy or love you Daddy" throughout the day. Also, we hear "Mica love tucker" fairly often.

6. She likes her babies to be naked. No clothes on them whatsoever.

7. She thinks dressing Daddy in her jewelry is lots of fun!

8. She's figured out that she can pull up a chair while I'm cooking and "help me." While we've had a few messes, I'm glad she's interested in cooking and I'm hopeful to continue to train her in this skill. :)

9. She'll have one or two good nights (where it only takes us about 30 minutes to get her to go to sleep), then has four or five nights of 1 hour plus. We're making progress in my opinion.

10. She wants to go see the camper everyday. And talks often about our first camping trip.

The little one is up! Must run. :)

3 comments:

Barb said...

It's a good thing she has a musical mama if she wants you to sing all the time. Hopefully she'll take after you and love music and singing. Cute stories!

Me said...

so cute! I keep meaning to tell you that Catelyn now knows (and will tell us) what the animals in Moo, Baa, La La La say . . . including the 3 singing pigs! In fact, she knows what a singing pig says better than what a regular pig says! Next time we see you, I'll have to see if I can get her to "perform"! ;)

Stephanie said...

How fun! It gets more and more fun (and challenging) the older they get. I love how you are getting interact with her more. Our kids love playing chase. I am pretty sure Ben could do it all day long. Maybe some day he and Micayla can play chase while we all rest. lol