Monday, September 8, 2008

Finding Time...


I'm not sure how to begin a blog inaugural post, but here goes. I finally found time to start one. This morning, as I sit in our den, listening to the latest weather information (Hurricane Ike!), I also listen to the sweet sounds of a baby girl sleeping. Her cooing sounds make me melt. It's hard to believe that 8 days ago, I became a mom of a daughter. No, it didn't happen the way that I always thought it would. Yes, it has been wonderful. Yes, I am already sleep deprived. No, I don't want these days of having her as a newborn to end. But, I know she will grow up. And I have a huge responsibility to raise her in God's direction instead of the world's.

Micayla Marie was born 8/29/08 at 2:59 a.m., 7 lbs., 4 oz., 20 1/2 inches long. She's beautiful and a huge gift to us. Adoption has been a wonderful experience thus far...5 1/2 years ago, I dreamed of giving birth to my own kids. 1 year ago, my husband and I decided to pursue the journey of adoption. 7 weeks ago, we found out we had been "picked" by a birthmom through our adoption agency. 8 days ago, we brought Micayla home. We pray daily for our new role as parents. We pray daily for our birthmom who is grieving. We look forward to the open relationship we will have with her over the years to come. Our constant prayer has been that we would be shining examples of Christ to Micayla, to her birthmom, and to all those that come in contact with us over the years to come. Some days I feel like I do a really good job. Other days, I know I've failed. At least I'm human.

I've decided that this blog will be a hodge-podge (don't you just love that word?). It will have updates on Micayla (of course), adventures of Tucker (the dog), and life in general with Hudson and myself. If you have suggestions for how I should improve my newly found project of blogging, let me know! Otherwise, until next time...

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yea!! I am so glad you caved...he he.

Sara S. said...

I just found your blog, and I love it! I couldn't be happier for you, and your baby girl is BEAUTIFUL!! I can't wait to read about your adventures in motherhood! I'll be praying for your adorable little family.

D. Shannon Rainwater said...

I love that you're doing a blog although it's already made me cry! God is so good! :) Randi

Barb said...

Yeah, welcome to blogland! I love the layout - very cute. So glad you were able to get it to work. I've now added you to my list of blogs, so I'll be checking in frequently (no pressure to add new posts, though).

Oh, and Micayla is precious! Congrats again.