Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Things I've Never Done Before

Sorry that it has been awhile since the last post...things certainly continue to be crazy around here. I would love to add some pictures to this post, but I downloaded all of my pictures to my dad's computer, and forgot to burn a cd before I left Tennessee last week. My sister is supposed to bring it to me this coming weekend when we are in Fort Worth, and she's in Dallas for the MOPS convention.

Today, I've done some things that I had not done before....I needed to go work a few hours at the police department. Micayla was peacefully asleep in her car seat on the Dreammaker. (There will be another post about the Dreammaker.) I took my shower, ironed my clothes, and was beginning to fix my hair. Suddenly, I hear the sound of a very unhappy baby. And, she was really unhappy. So, hair dripping wet, I head downstairs to get Micayla. I got her out of the car seat and she was immediately much better. Now I normally fix my hair upside down (if you have curly and frizzy hair, you know what I'm talking about), but seeing as how Micayla didn't want to be anywhere but my arms, this was going to be a challenge. I just reread that last sentence...I wasn't upside down, but my head was upside down. :) Anyways, the hair did get fixed, but a clip was required to help out the frizz. Then, I needed to put on my makeup (and I don't wear much!), but I was able to hold Micayla with one arm, and apply what was needed with the other arm/hand. I'm sure all the other moms are laughing at me right now. It's okay--I know I am a newcomer to the crowd.

Can I just say that Micayla was supposed to fall asleep in the car on the way to the police department? Did that happen? No. She was quite awake when we arrived (it is a 40 minute drive). And she fussed the entire time I was at work, so my plans of being there several hours while she napped did not happen. I had a coupon ($10 off) at DSW and seriously needed to use the coupon before it expired, and was able to come away with a great pair of brown heels for the fall for a total of $5.39 (with my $10 off). I love getting a good deal. (And my sisters would both be very proud of my purchase...much more "in style" that I normally purchase.) Micayla, on the other hand, could have cared less about shoe shopping and a coupon and made it her mission to let everyone know that she was tired of being in her car seat and tired in general. Oh well, such is life!

More posts in the coming days....

2 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds like you had an interesting day. I guess there are advantages to being single and not having children... though I'm sure they don't even begin to outweigh the blessing that Micayla has been to your family. I look forward to hearing more interesting stories as your journey continues.

Haley said...

You need a baby sling!