Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pictures, as promised!



I'm not sure how to even describe that face!



I'm not sure why she takes such good pictures when sitting on the stairs, but she does!



A good picture of the two of us, though Micayla does look like she's about to cry. Oh well, we take what we can get. And seeing as how I'm usually behind the camera, this was impressive that I actually was a) neatly dressed for a picture, b) my curly hair hadn't become too frizzy yet, and c)I don't have my eyes closed for the picture, and d) as Hudson says, for the first time in probably a year, I put on lipstick.



Hudson and Micayla enjoying one of our nice evenings outside!

In other news, I've been working part-time at a local police department since Dec. 2007. I got the job right about the time that we were praying for a financial opportunity to arise so that we could pay for adoption. 9 months after I started, we brought Micayla home (isn't God amazing?). For some time now, I've felt that I should quit this job for a few reasons: 1) God telling me to quit (should have been reason enough), 2) taking Micayla to work with me, and believing I'll get anything done at the same time, is not possible, 3) no child care that we trusted that would allow me to only put her there two days a week that wouldn't cost more than I would be making at the police department, 4) I've longed to be a mother for many years, and felt that I should be with Micayla full time, because as MckMama says, "babies don't keep." (Do you like how I've had an a,b,c, list, and now a 1,2,3 list? I'm not sure why I do that.) I digress. Anyways, after much prayer, and trusting that God will provide for us (with some additional budgetary tightening, though I'm not sure how much more we can tighten, especially if Hudson's job decides to cut salaries at some point), I turned in my letter of resignation yesterday. I'll work a few more days, but my "last day" will be the 23rd of this month. I can't tell you what a relief it was to be able to turn in a letter of resignation--I just felt like God lifted a huge burden off of me from the last few months. And I know He'll be faithful even in the midst of quitting a job when the economy is so poor (why do we(the USA) continue to get further into debt? Really this isn't the answer, though I'm not sure what is.) Anyways, I'll continue to see about 5 clients a week through my private practice, when Hudson can watch Micayla for me, which just allows for some good daddy/daughter time. But other than that, I'm almost officially a SAHM (stay at home mom), and I'm terribly happy about it. (Can you use terrible and happy right beside each other?)

More pictures coming soon, as we continue to have nice weather, and I'm hoping to take the little one outside soon.

4 comments:

Sara S. said...

So happy to hear that God has made it possible for you to have a choice in staying home. You won't regret it! And the stair pictures ARE precious!

petro family said...

Yay!! I'm so happy you are joining me in being a SAHM!! I will continue praying...and I am proud of you for trusting!

Also, I do not think that Mikayla could look more like a perfect blend of you and Hudson! I know she is yours...but just wanted to mention that she absolutely looks like she is yours too!

Sure love you! h

Sean and Lendy said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you are going to be able to stay home with her. I know God will bless and make up the $$ difference! :) I love the pictures but especially the one of M and Husdson. I love how her little fist is clinging to his shirt...she knows to hold tight to her daddy! :) Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. Congrats on becoming a SAHM. What a blessing you will be to Micayla! I'm so happy for you!!! I will be praying that God continues to bless your family. God's great plans cannot be held back by the economy! Praise Jesus!
BTW...I love your blog!