Monday, April 20, 2009

A Little Picture Catch Up

I've been lagging in posting pictures, but actually had time to do so today when Micayla agreed to a nap. So, here's some pictures of the last few weeks!


Easter Sunday.


Dad and daughter on Easter morning.


A proud mom!


Just playing...I'll confess now that I adore her in overalls...so cute!


Posing on the stairs. Speaking of stairs (actually, that should be "writing of stairs" I guess), the crawler has learned how to climb the bottom one, but stops herself there. I recognize that this won't last long, but we also have a problem--we wanted to install a baby gate to help prevent her from climbing, but we have two posts on either side of the banisters which, apparently, aren't condusive to hanging a baby gate. (We've already returned one that won't work.) Anyone have any other ideas? Anyone not used a baby gate on stairs and just watched their child like a hawk? I'm open to suggestions....We currently have a folding chair (folded up) laying against our coffee table in order to prevent her from continuously climbing through it. She likes to go over to it and try to wiggle her way in the couple of inches that are exposed. (I regret now taking this picture.) Other than fighting off another cold, and (me) trying to avoid getting it from her, we've been good. We survived the torrential downpour of 2009 without many problems (found out that we have a leaky window though), and have enjoyed our beautiful weather this new week already by washing my car and taking a 2 mile walk. We are so thankful that after the storms that come, God provides wonderful weather to remind us of His goodness. :) Hope you can get outside this week too! Hopefully, as naps cooperate with my week ahead, I'll be able to blog later this week.

3 comments:

Barb said...

She is just too too cute! I love the overalls too.

Tanya said...

We have a screen type retractable gate at the bottom of our stairs that has worked well. It was expensive, but has been worth it. It is called "kiddy guard". Ours is attached to two walls, but you might be able to make it work on two posts...

Nathan said...

You should move to a one-story house (several are available in Fort Worth). Baby gate problem solved!